Monday, March 30, 2009

Free At Last?....

So there is something I thought about a long time ago and lately I have thought about it some more. When I hear about people being sentenced to 2 or 3 consecutive life sentences in prison, it made me wonder. What if a person is sentenced to life and while locked up he suffers a heart attack. Lets say this person is clinically dead. For five minutes this person that is serving life in prison lies dead. The EMT's show up to work on him and with a miracle they bring this person back to life. Since this person was serving a life sentence and he technically died, is that considered time served? Maybe its just me but I find that to be a pondering question. Could this person appeal the remaining time in prison and if so would the jury be bias and look at his past crime and keep his punishment towards him? Sometime to think about......

No comments:

Post a Comment